08 February, 2007

number 9

I AM STUDYING PROPAGANDA NOW..

I hope I don’t get into trouble but I’ve just realised that Singapore uses most of the propaganda techniques wise old Brian Lee stated.

1.) Ad Hominem – see election time. My goodness, the opposition was accused of being too pretty. !!!!

2.) Appeal to authority – we have so many counselors coming in, this advisor, that advisor, telling us that the increase in GST is good/needed.

3.) Appeal to fear – HELLO! Please read previous post. So many things to fear.

4.) Appeal to prejudice – of course, a civic conscious person would not litter.

5.) Argumentum ad nauseam – posters on the left, right, front and back. All with the same message

6.) Glittering generalities – national day rally

7.) Testimonials – see above about some bloody advisor

8.) Card stacking – how about newater? Everything positive is stated. What about the bad points?

9.) Bandwagon – LET’S all keep Singapore clean.

Okay. Knn. Stupid pr.

No comments:

erstwhile