Sometimes I imagine that it would be so nice to have a child.
I imagine that I would be able to care unconditionally and unfailingly for a child and have this little person become the someone I've always aspired to be. I would wish for my baby only the best I can provide and wish for myself the ability to prevent all that will happen from happening.
However, it is because I harbour these massive ambitions for this one being who was delivered expecting no expectations that I feel that should I be blessed with a child, he would be cursed.
To know that I would never be able to provide enough makes me infinitely sad but as I have these convictions, I can and most certainly will impose upon myself the restraint to not bring someone else into this horrendous and beautiful place for an existence of ephemeral elation.
20 July, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment