23 April, 2008

When your heart "warm warm"... and details about the Infamous Lighther Incident

Tuesday Apr 22 - interview, meet Farand for aimless wandering and dinner with Selene and Ilhammi!

The entire day was surreal. Was supposed to withdraw money for Farand from my OCBC account but forgot to pack the card in my bag. Had to return home from town to get it.

Meticulous planning came into play when Farand and I had to coordinate to meet at a place that was then undetermined as he was at the doctor's and I was at Tanglin.

Blah blah, gibberish, rambling.

Lunch at Long John's and presents from The Worm! See, here is where I will say that Farand is such a nice boy. Really, really nice one. So happy.

BUT! (details about the Infamous Lighther Incident)

We were getting ready to leave for more aimless wandering when Farand couldn't find THE LIGHTER HE BOUGHT FOR ILHAMMI. So we both emptied our bags and even scoured the floor of Long John's. All to no avail!

Knowing that that Pedant will never enjoy the rest of the day if we didn't find THE LIGHTER HE BOUGHT FOR ILHAMMI, we decided to go all the way back to his house at SIGLAP even though we had to go to MANDAI in about 3 hours.

Took the bus and while Farand embarrassed himself by mocking a Korean man, I messaged Selene to relate how much I could not believe that we were going back to Siglap to get Ilhammi's present.

Selene asked whether we were going to retrieve the lighter and and said that if we were, Farand is an idiot because HE ALREADY PASSED IT TO HER.

SURREAL.

Already on 14 and with no idea what to do, we went to buy Farand's underwear. Again embarrassed himself but that's a story for another time.

On the way to meet Selene, received call from lawyer, had to go home to talk to the fucker. Instead of going off to AMK, Farand came along. See, so nice.

Bla bla bla.

Received what I had been waiting for. MORE SURREAL.

Went to meet Selene and Ilhammi who both promptly made a fool of themselves. After the usual hassle of deciding what to eat, we settled on MacDonalds and we all ate what we usually ate.

Selene moved on from hippos and is finally talking about orang outangs and otter shit.

Conversation that revolved around Shit and dinner.

SURREAL, YES?

It might not be surreal or very exciting for you but it was for me and I just wanted to share my joy! I hope everyone in the world has friends like them.

No comments:

erstwhile