15 September, 2006

Number Two

Jostien Gaardner wrote this book, Sophie’s World, and it tells of the philosophers in the past. Sophie gets a course on philosophy by a mystery man via stacks of letters. She also receives letters addressed to another little girl. (The former is actually a character in a book written by a General for his daughter as a birthday present. [the little girl is the daughter])

ANYWAY, the point of all that was to tell the few people who do read this that the philosopher tells Sophie that children make good philosophers because of their “faculty of wonder”. Adults lose that as they grow.


Cue Cadbury music.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we all could wonder?!

Wouldn’t it be nice if we all could see?!

Dum da la dum dum dumdum!


I travel the same route to work almost everyday and hardly notice anything. Aiyo, Singapore’s too small for that right? No squirrels, nothing exciting, so what’s there to notice? I wish I could answer that. What could you truly say is lovely?


Once, long long loooong ago, I saw an old man holding the hands of his wife tenderly. Now, I think that is lovely.

A baby’s palmful of good friends is better than a Predator’s cold metal, many functions claw of acquaintances.

(I watched Predator today, with two of the friends that a baby holds dearly in her palm.)

2 comments:

Selene said...

HAHAHA it says "posted by Kuay Teow Mee" HAHAHA!

Kuay Teow Mee said...

yes. thank you. since you were sitting there when i entered it. did not occur to you to tell me?? thank you. as you can see, i thanked you by putting up a beautiful picture of you.

erstwhile