11 September, 2009

really really banville

http://marksarvas.blogs.com/elegvar/2005/09/the_longawaited.html


"When I was at the Irish Times as literary editor, I felt that I had only one duty, which was to get people to read good books. Nothing else. Nothing else mattered. Everybody assumed that I had all kinds of agendas, that I was trying to get people, that I was trying to promote my friends … It's all nonsense. You don't work that way. I used to say to people, "Do you really think I have time to worry about you, and whether I should be out to get you?" It's just nonsense. Because, in my rather quaint, old-fashioned way, I believe in books. I believe they are a good thing. They're civilizers. "


is dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you leh denekee. (i know lah i sound so cultivated, knowledgable and sexy when put next to banville.

*rolls eyes not-very-successfully-as-because-dont-know-how-to-roll*

Anonymous said...

menekee speaking through bppv.

erstwhile