I’m as pro-PAP as can be - Seriously. I’ve constantly defended policy after policy, strategy after strategy; not a peep you will hear from me as prices continue to increase (I understand totally). I’ve been nothing but silent about the lack of assistance, about the gross neglect of the supremely huge sandwich group that has been so severely understated and surely overlooked.
But today was the last straw. Arriving at the Meet the People Session in hopes of meeting him to explain our predicament (no loan, no home), we were told, offhand but not off the record, that the MP might not come at all.
Flabbergasted, we asked, “WHY?”
“Oh, it depends on his mood.”
I’m sorry, I understand that the country needs running and matters require settlement but hey, maybe you should schedule in time to MEET the people. That’s what they advertise, isn’t it? That’s what they trumpet in the streets while riding on the backs of pick-up trucks, isn’t it?
People are scrambling to you for help. For many, this is their last resort, the only thing standing between ultimate desolation and hope.
If we don’t get to see you, I mean you, not some lackey who laughs in our face, we’ll end up homeless.
Please Sir, understand that we did not leave this to the last minute, WE WERE GIVEN A WEEK. Hello Sir, are you listening? I hope you’re not too busy to hear that if we don’t get our loan, we’ll be homeless – that means no university, no youth minister, no CPF withdrawal, Sir.
Thank you and long live the Men in White.
No comments:
Post a Comment